This program will be in New York and around the New York City/ Westchester County area. It is designed to be a 10-week noncredit short recreational program where students will have the unique opportunity to be a part of the NYC culture and be able to shadow healthcare professionals in prime healthcare facilities.
· Students who are 18 years or older are eligible to apply for this program.
· All participants must be enrolled in an accredited program in their countries and complete at least three years of formal education in their programs.
· A letter must be submitted from the institution where the student is currently studying. This letter must be signed, dated, and submitted on the official letterhead of the institution
· The participants must submit their official transcripts to Hakli Family NP PC before the program start date.
· All participants are required to have a health examination before reporting to the Observership Site Institution. Such examination shall be sufficient in scope to comply with the provisions of New York State Public Health Regulations, 10 NYCCR 405.3(b) (10).
· All participants should carry basic health insurance.
· In order for participants to have the most productive cultural and learning experience during the observership, they must be proficient in English.
· Students are expected to have at least B1 level English before arriving in New York.
· Physical Therapy
· Nutrition and Dietetics
· Speech and Language Therapy
· The program fee is *$5,750 per person (tax included)
· 10-week supervised observation at prime healthcare facilities (24 hours/week)
· A round-trip plane ticket (
Istanbul to New York and New York to Istanbul)
· Transfer from the airport
· Daily transportation to the health care facilities.
· Accommodation for 10 weeks during the program
o Dormitory style accommodation with 2-3 students in each room with shared kitchen and bathroom.
· Online English practice courses before the program.
· Mentorship before and during the program
(A mentor will be assigned to the group and will hold regular meetings to give guidance about the healthcare system in the United States and other opportunities in New York)
· Monthly “Feel the Culture” Night out. Free tickets and group tours, depending on the availability, one of the following:
-Yankees or The Mets Baseball game
- The New York Knicks or The Brooklyn Nets NBA Basketball game
- A Broadway Show
- Local Museum Visits (The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), American Museum of Natural History)
- Dinner with guest speakers who are leaders or had great contributions to the healthcare field.
Participation certificate and going away party
*price is subject to change